Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dark colored Burnt Sienna blocks were piled one on another, formed forbidden wall, on a hot day inviting a cool breeze in Crimson and Blue spilled sky.

When we turned around we could see a Gallery, a structure in White surrounded by Green. The pebbled path took us inside this White structure which was well lit and had no one to address.

We went inside the Art Gallery and to our surprise we saw a lady with a man walking slowly together hand in hand across the gallery. I was looking carefully at the displayed works by master Artists like A. Ramachandran and turned around to see my sister. She looked delighted to be part of the evening as was I.
I looked at the lady and her movements suggested me that she was an Artist herself and she is not a participant in the current ongoing exhibition at this Gallery. She looked towards me at the man’s absence and I turned incidentally away from her when she smiled. To my right, stands this woman who is obliged to talk and share a thing or two and to the left my sister who is more interested in observing me. She smiled and was anticipating reply and to communicate. I came to notice this, when she said “hi”. I apologized with “sorry” and started the conversation where after a while I observed the shift passed unto my sister. She was telling that she studied in London and practicing in Germany. I shook my head, smiled and left.

I heard a sound above the stairs. Diwali ambiance, children were screaming, playing and Dancing where as many women gossipers sitting together dressed up in one of the room.
The room to the left of the stairs was occupied with flashy metal objects hanging in mid air with a few amazed visitors glued to it, another exhibition! This was more interesting as the objects were moving with the light.

Nityananda popped up. The huge fat guy, I met in Chennai at one of the ugly hotel where I used to eat every day. A humble, gentle giant from Mysore conveyed with utmost excitement that the displayed objects are part of his exhibition. I was already delighted and with this, I was more thrilled to be present there.

Nityananda seemed to be excited and blessed to exhibit his works. This exhibition could taste the success, thought the visitors and they were so happy to present themselves at the gallery.

Most of the visitors were awaiting my arrival, accepted and greeted very well. I could not hold myself at this evening to respond to the evening and the lights. The colors spiced up the festive atmosphere. Women and kids were so happy getting together and sharing their experiences.

The whole gallery turned into a hall staging performance. The sound and movement of music made people dance within themselves.

The green long skirt slithered everywhere.  Gravity of the earth had disappeared. I was manifested into a Sufi with a long skirt/ Ghagra with a flaring outfit. I was accompanied by invisible Gopikas dancing with me. I felt a Peacock. People who experienced this were ecstatic and mesmerized by the movement of the bluish green peacock outfit.

The whole space was filled with invisible Dancers and an accomplishment of reaching to the divine   was overwhelmed at the descending notes of the music.

The whole evening was remembered in colors and lights. Green, Blue, glowing Gold, bits of Scarlet Red, Magenta, Brown and sparkling electric Blue with Violet tint weaved a web on my cortex.

The beauty and divinity of Krishna and Gopikas, the sanity of being a Sufi was truly overwhelming and its memories remained sublime.

No comments: